Rand never ceases to amaze me. He is sweet, kind and always affectionate! Today, he took it to new heights! He has had a fever for the last few days and woke up this morning and said his neck and throat hurt. I called the doctor and got him an appointment. He had a blast playing with all the toys. He let the nurses weigh him, take his temperature. He was so good the whole time, but the ultimate was with the doctor. The doctor felt his neck and head and really checked him all over, ears, throat! He decided to to a strep test, which of course consisted of the awful swab of the back of throat!
The doctor had Rand open his mouth told him what was going to happen. Rand reacted with the typical scowl and gagging but kept his mouth open the entire time. The doctor finished and Rand said: THANK YOU! The doctor looked at him with surprise and said "Your welcome! I don't think anyone has ever said thank you after I did that too them!" Then Rand turned to me and told me "He is a nice doctor Mommy."
What two year old, especially one with strep throat, says that! The last time I had a swab I felt like crying and if I was a kid I would have!!
I am so proud of my son-He is just completely AMAZING!!!
LOVE YOU TONS RAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment